What is a Townhouse Inspection?
Townhouse home inspections are similar to a single family home inspection with a few exceptions.
Townhouses have common property components which are managed by the Strata Corporation that you are buying into.
These components are the roof, skylights, exteriors and drainage.
The strata fees are for the maintenance and insurance or these items and other items as outlined in the Strata Corporation documents.
Any deficiencies outlined in the report you should review with your realtor and you should discuss the strata minutes and depreciation report.
A typical townhouse inspection report covers the the following areas:
- Roofing System (e.g. covering, flashings etc) where applicable
- Attic & Insulation( e.g. insulation & ventilation of unfinished areas) where applicable
- Exterior elements (e.g. siding, windows, doors)
- Basement/Crawlspace( e.g. movement cracks and structure)where applicable
- Structural components (e.g. foundation, framing, roof)
- Heating and cooling systems (e.g. furnace, air conditioning)
- Interior elements (e.g. walls, floors, ceilings)
- Plumbing systems (e.g. pipes, water heater)
- Electrical systems (e.g. wiring, outlets)
- Site Conditions (e.g. grading, retaining walls, fence, vegetation, driveways and walks)where applicable
All of these items are inspected by Next Inspection with regards to the areas that cover your unit and we report on it accordingly along with 9 systems and the over 400 sub components: See More about the Home Inspection
Next Inspection will inspect your unit and we report on it as per Standards and Practises
Townhouse Inspection FAQs
Q; What does a townhouse inspection cost ?
A; They start at $450 our Online ” GET A QUOTE” button will give you pricing based on a few questions.
Q; How long does a townhouse inspection take ?
A; They start take about 2.5 to 3 hours depending on size.
Q; Do I need to be there for the entire time?
A; It’s not necessary as during the initial phase I am gathering data writing the report adding pictures checking serial numbers. I advised the last 30 minutes is a good time to be there so we can walk through our findings and answer any questions you may have.
Q; When can I get my townhouse inspection report?
A; Your townhouse inspection report will be delivered via email within in a few hours. 24 hours at the very very latest.